Senior Performance Tester
Job Title:Senior Tester (Performance)
Location: National Archives and Records Administration, College Park, MD / Remote
Start Date: 2 Weeks
The Senior Testerwill assist a Government Contract for the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) by providing leadership for the testing team in leading automations of testing tools, improving the overall functionality of them, and overseeing the creation of scripts and procedures.
- Serve as the point of contact for all testing initiatives.
- Designing test scripts based off the scope of the project and provide visualizations of the scripts in graph form.
- Provide a performance testing approach that is teachable to a team.
- Recommend improvements based on results of test scripts created and mitigate issues that appear.
- Oversee the execution of processes and test scripts.
- Investigate, measure, validate, and verify quality attributes of the system to aid in analysis and improvement of the system's performance
- Create a baseline for all determined attributes and requirements
- Support User Story reviews and participate in Sprint Planning.
- Determine the scope of testing required for sprints and releases.
- Perform Regression Testing, Smoke Testing, Exploratory Testing and Acceptance Testing.
- Perform Section 508 Testing.
- Ensure that each sprint and release of the system is fully tested (complete coverage of user stories, capabilities, and constraints).
- Ensure that the system has met the Acceptance Criteria.
- Export test procedures/execution results from test tools used for Agile projects.
- Validate the test documentation delivered.
- Participate in Scrum meetings including daily stand-up meetings
- Aid in measuring progress and avoiding technical debt.
- Provide a final Test Results Report as well as test results for each Sprint of an Agile Project
- Enter and update the Defects and Enhancements in the government approved Defect Management Database
- Review all Defects entered
- Report on Defects
- Support User Acceptance Testing
- Aid users to complete testing
- Analyze all issues reported by users
- Open new Defects when required
- Report back to users on the status of issues reported
- Create/Update Test Procedures
- Create Test Plans and Test Reports
- Support Stakeholder Testing
- Regularly provide status updates on testing being conducted
- Provide determination (final Test Results Report) if the delivery has met Acceptance Criteria
- Review Test Artifacts from development vendor and provide completed Document Review Comment Form (DRCF) for each document
- Attend Technical Meetings as needed
- Support IQ in monitoring testing activities and scope of effort
- Provide admin support of the test management tool.
- Provide support in research on potential test tools and related feasibility studies
- Provide Monthly Progress Reports
- Offer Configuration Management Support in the following functions:
- Responsible for configuration management (CM) of developmental and operational systems.
- Creates and maintains configuration baselines (development, test, production, etc.) supporting developmental and operational systems.
- Recommends automated CM tools to implement CM policies and procedures.
- Develops or modifies CM plans, policies, and procedures tailored to the complexity and scope of the developmental or operational system.
- Implement CM discipline for the entire life cycle of systems from initial requirements/capabilities baselines to system end-of-life.
- Perform change control and configuration audits as needed
- Education: Minimum of seven (7) years of hands-on performance testing experience preferably in the Cloud environment.
- Perform functional, acceptance, and/or system testing on software deliveries.
- Experience with performance testing tools like JMeter and other testing methods, such as stress, endurance, volume, etc.
- Knowledge of the full design, delivery, implementation of performance testing approach.
- Must have experience analyzing business requirements, understanding non-functional requirements, and evaluating the objectives of the service level agreement.
- Ability to develop and implement test scripts, identifying parameters for testing, and designing workload models for performance testing based on system requirements.
- Following this, document testing results and interpret results/graphs.
- Collaborate across system development teams to troubleshoot and identify performance bottlenecks.
- Understand complex system environments such as shared resources, CPU Memory, web components, storage, distributed networks, cloud, containers, configuration, and virtualization management.
- Must have a clear understanding of environments such as
- Title 13 Clearance (may be required, depending on the project).
- Familiarity and skill working with 508 software testing tools, such as WAVE, JAWS, Web Accessibility Inspector, Colour Contrast Analyser, etc.
- Knowledgeable of Performance Testing Tools like IBM Rational Performance Tester, Endurance Testing, Scalability Testing, and Volume Testing
Since 2008 Adeptus Solutions has remained committed to providing quality software engineering and program management solutions to our clients and it all starts with YOU. Adeptus Solutions provides a great and generous benefits package to include medical, dental and vision, an HSA to cover healthcare deductibles, paid sick & vacation leave and, 100% company paid life & disability packages. We also invest in our employees' futures by providing a 401K, technical training, tuition bonuses, and much, much more.
Clearance Statement: Applicants selected for this position may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. For this position, Adeptus Solutions will consider only applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer