Senior Manual Tester
Job Title:Senior Tester (Manual)
Location: National Archives and Records Administration, College Park, MD / Remote
Start Date: 2 Weeks
The Senior Tester will assist a Government Contract for the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) by documenting, supporting, and creating a smoothly operating Agile Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC). This position requires a professional who can lead a test team in debugging, reprogramming, streamlining, and modernizing solutions.
- Oversee testing utilizing systems such as JMeter, Selenium, etc.
- Create and enforce a Quality Control Plan (QCP).
- Deliver and support Agile and Waterfall Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) efficiently and effectively.
- Support the migrations, modernizations, refactoring, and operations and maintenance for all cloud integrated services based on Agile methodologies.
- Critical Thinking in analysis of complex software issues and system analysis.
- Support User Story reviews and participate in Sprint Planning.
- Determine the scope of testing required for sprints and releases.
- Perform Regression Testing, Smoke Testing, Exploratory Testing and Acceptance Testing.
- Perform Section 508 Testing.
- Ensure that each sprint and release of the system is fully tested (complete coverage of user stories, capabilities, and constraints).
- Ensure that the system has met the Acceptance Criteria.
- Export test procedures/execution results from test tools used for Agile projects.
- Validate the test documentation delivered.
- Participate in Scrum meetings including daily stand-up meetings
- Aid in measuring progress and avoiding technical debt.
- Provide a final Test Results Report as well as test results for each Sprint of an Agile Project
- Enter and update the Defects and Enhancements in the government approved Defect Management Database
- Review all Defects entered
- Report on Defects
- Support User Acceptance Testing
- Aid users to complete testing
- Analyze all issues reported by users
- Open new Defects when required
- Report back to users on the status of issues reported
- Create/Update Test Procedures
- Create Test Plans and Test Reports
- Support Stakeholder Testing
- Regularly provide status updates on testing being conducted
- Provide determination (final Test Results Report) if the delivery has met Acceptance Criteria
- Review Test Artifacts from development vendor and provide completed Document Review Comment Form (DRCF) for each document
- Attend Technical Meetings as needed
- Support IQ in monitoring testing activities and scope of effort
- Provide admin support of the test management tool.
- Provide support in research on potential test tools and related feasibility studies
- Provide Monthly Progress Reports
- Offer Configuration Management Support in the following functions:
- Responsible for configuration management (CM) of developmental and operational systems.
- Creates and maintains configuration baselines (development, test, production, etc.) supporting developmental and operational systems.
- Recommends automated CM tools to implement CM policies and procedures.
- Develops or modifies CM plans, policies, and procedures tailored to the complexity and scope of the developmental or operational system.
- Implement CM discipline for the entire life cycle of systems from initial requirements/capabilities baselines to system end-of-life.
- Perform change control and configuration audits as needed
- Education: Minimum of eight (8) years of hands-on experience providing comprehensive testing for business and technical solutions.
- Perform functional, acceptance, and/or system testing on software deliveries.
- Convert manual test scripts to automated scripts in order to execute test scenarios, scripts, and procedures for smoke, regression, and functional tests.
- Solid understanding of industry best practices for delivering and supporting both Agile and Waterfall Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Must have experience in using quality control processes to ensure that products, deliverables, and data are standardized and accurate.
- Leadership capabilities in driving a successful Test Team.
- Knowledge of how to conductvarious types of testing:
- Backend Data
- Must have prior experience performing Section 508 testing.
- Ability to work with defect management processes and tools.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and debugging skills.
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Familiarity and skill working with 508 software testing tools, such as WAVE, JAWS, Web Accessibility Toolbar (WAT) for IE, Inspector Sidebar (Firefox Accessibility Extension)
- Ability to work with Performance Testing Tools such as Load, Stress, and Spike Testing
- Experience using a performance test tool (i.e., JMeter).
- Experience using an automated test tool (i.e., Selenium).
- Experience in conducting internal/external quality audits is a plus.
- Experience with testing on multiple platforms/environments.
Since 2008 Adeptus Solutions has remained committed to providing quality software engineering and program management solutions to our clients and it all starts with YOU. Adeptus Solutions provides a great and generous benefits package to include medical, dental and vision, an HSA to cover healthcare deductibles, paid sick & vacation leave and, 100% company paid life & disability packages. We also invest in our employees' futures by providing a 401K, technical training, tuition bonuses, and much, much more.
Clearance Statement: Applicants selected for this position may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. For this position, Adeptus Solutions will consider only applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer