Program Manager V
Job Title: Program Manager V
Location: Bethesda, Maryland
Agency: US Federal Agency
The contractor shall provide IT Management support services for the Department of Medicine (DOM) at the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, Bethesda, Maryland.
- HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) Privacy and Security policies.
- Various OSHA safety, security, local instructions, rules and notices provided by the Government Staff.
- Oversee aspects of Information Technology throughout the Department of Medicine.
- Coordinate all activities with the IT Manger for the Depart of Medicine and with the hospital IT dept, and foster a positive working relationship among all related organizations.
- Act as advocate for DOM lobbying to have our IT needs implemented by the hospital IT department
- Oversee inter-facility IT projects to support planning and implementation, and coordinate related IT projects.
- Formulate and periodically revise IT policies for DOM and WRNMMC mission statements to their formation. Advise senior management on strategic and tactical IT proposals, performing cost benefit analysis and applying departmental and command IT policies to their implementation.
- Formulate and continuously update the IT security policy as required to provide information assurance, computer security, data privacy, continuity of operations, and disaster recovery using information assurance certification and accreditation processes as well as federal fixed security guidelines.
- Formulate and Revise departmental workflow and Standard Operating Procedures to accommodate new IT systems, software changes, and new security requirements
- Act as the GI Terminal Area Security Officer (TASO).
- Help manage, maintain, operate, configure, and troubleshoot equipment, systems, software and network connectivity across a broad range of platforms located in the 16 Services of DOM, including Nortel and Cisco LAN switching; Windows Servers and XP Professional domain computers; Microsoft Active Directory; ProVation and Pentax Hospital Information Systems; Sentillion; SecuReach and others.
- Performing upgrades, system maintenance, security planning, Oracle administration, data storage, data backup, and troubleshooting in a Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange Server environment.
- Negotiate beta testing agreements with vendors, develop and apply beta test plans.
- Perform IT supply acquisition using standard government procurement procedures
- Help oversee all Information Technology issues for an organization of approximately 900 personnel.
- Coordinate an average of 5 IT projects a week.
- Help manage and maintain network connectivity for over 1,000 workstations.
- Perform various upgrades and system maintenance 10 times a week.
- Perform IT supply acquisition performing an average of 1 procurement a week.
- Record individual/specific work/tasks/projects/trouble items on the IT departments trouble ticket system
Possess a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree. Five (5) years of experience is required. Additional specialized experience may substitute for education or years of experience.
- Proficient in Windows NT 4 and Windows 2000 operating systems, including Workstation and Server versions.
- Proficient in PC hardware troubleshooting and problem diagnosis.
- Proficient in various "Unix" operating system versions including AIX and Solaris.
- Proficient in the administration and support of RadWorks radiology software, including Tele radiology gateway operations and user training.
- Proficient in the administration and support of Agfa DIN-PACS, including workstation user interfaces, core servers, and image management.
- Proficient in the administration, support and troubleshooting of DICOM & HL7 protocols to include modality configuration, display routing and storage.
- Proficient in the administration, support and troubleshooting of Ethernet network switching.
- Proficient in the administration, support and troubleshooting of Advanced Imaging Display Stations
- (Multiple OS's and Applications).
- Proficient in the administration, support and troubleshooting of the Stentor iSite Enterprise Radiology system, both server and client software.
- Proficient interpersonal communications
- Must have current Basic Life Support Automated External Defibrillator (BLS/AED) resuscitative medicine training certificate. Resuscitative medicine training provided by the Joint Medical Training Facility (MTF) or Center.
Job Status: Full Time