Program Analyst IV
Job Title: Program Analyst IV
Location: Bethesda, Maryland
Agency: US Federal Agency
The contractor shall provide administrative and analytical support services and successful overall completion of on-time departmental components and within acceptable quality standards for the Emergency Medical Department at the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, Bethesda, Maryland.
- HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) Privacy and Security policies.
- Various OSHA safety, security, local instructions, rules and notices provided by the Government Staff.
- Perform a wide range of analytical and administrative duties to assist with formulation, analysis, execution and review of data.
- Conduct clinical statistical analysis on workflow and key departmental performance indicators.
- Track, formulate, present, and defend ED performance metrics.
- Design and conducts a variety surveys and detailed analyses to meet departmental initiatives.
- Run weekly, monthly and quarterly reports.
- Research and acquire scientific and industry-related articles. Analyze problems and issues. Propose alternative solutions as necessary.
- Advise leadership regarding trends and issues that could possibly have adverse effects on the department or its mission while coordinating with relevant parties. Prepare justifications and provide information to leadership.
- Ensure that deadlines are met for data, presentations, and reports.
- Conceives and works on new initiatives and on-going projects via close collaboration with Department Chiefs, and other personnel designed to sustain, strengthen, facilitate and improve the healthcare provider lane.
- Develop the physician schedule to optimize coverage, balance non-clinical provider responsibilities, meet human resource requirements and mitigate burn-out.
- Contribute to the ED standard of 100% coverage by processing schedule changes and organizing coverage when impediments arise.
- Ensure the accurate capture of provider workload as a DMHRSi and ATAAPS timekeeper.
- Support the readiness and accreditation missions by functioning as training liaison in conjunction with other training personnel- communicating, acquiring and tracking provider trainings and command requirements (ACLS, BLS, PALS, ATLS, CME, and Flu shots mandatory command trainings).
- Create, organize, and maintain physical and electronic records and prepare reports as appropriate.
- Coordinate meetings and organize visits, assist with navigating base security and other bureaucratic requirements.
- Serve as the primary administrative point-of-contact for the civilian GME program, facilitate the in-processing and out-processing of intern physicians and coordinate their functional needs
- Assists with coordinating the full capture, reporting and analysis of Relative Value Units (RVU)s. Remain informed on the condition of ED charts by conducting periodic and comprehensive assessments. Provide recommendations to improve operational efficacy and function as a liaison between the coder(s), health care providers and ED leadership.
- Develop targeted communications through various media; author, review and proof routine and official correspondence, respond to external taskers when appropriate, develop oral and written tutorials on system and process-related issues; adhere to guidelines associated with command forms and manage the ED staff provider roster.
- In conjunction with stakeholders, researches, plans, and coordinate the accomplishment of all functions comprising of the assigned projects, encompassing diverse functions or issues that affect critical aspects for the department, and develop detailed plans for implementation. Monitor if adjustments or corrective actions as needed.
- Collaborate with a variety of staff at all levels throughout the agency to gather and analyze information, make recommendations, share information, coordinate work and implement projects that maintain and improve efficiency and effectiveness and develops a network with relevant parties in-order-to expediently serve and address problems as needed.
Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree. Eight (8) years of experience is required. Additional experience may substitute for education or years of experience.
- Skills and expertise with Microsoft Applications and other widely used software programs by the WRNMMC including:
- MS-Office (all components)
- CHCS, extensively ADHOC reports
- Essentris, Essentris Emergency Department suite
Job Status: Full Time