Job Title:Mid-Level Tester
Location: National Archives and Records Administration, College Park, MD / Remote
Start Date: 2 Weeks
The Mid-Level Tester will assist a Government Contract for the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) by providing supporting a testing team in automations of testing tools, improving the overall functionality of them, and overseeing the creation of scripts and procedures. Responsibilities also include recommending improvements when necessary and providing critical feedback based on reports generated.
- Work collaboratively with a team to provide testing and automation plans and execution.
- Collaborate with and provide support to senior staff on functional, regression, and exploratory testing.
- Perform backend database testing and provide data reports to senior management.
- Provide accurate estimates and status updates on testing plan deliverables.
- Provide status updates on all testing efforts and clearly list any problem areas in need of mitigation.
- Support User Story reviews and participate in Sprint Planning.
- Determine the scope of testing required for sprints and releases.
- Perform Regression Testing, Smoke Testing, Exploratory Testing and Acceptance Testing.
- Perform Section 508 Testing.
- Ensure that each sprint and release of the system is fully tested (complete coverage of user stories, capabilities, and constraints).
- Ensure that the system has met the Acceptance Criteria.
- Export test procedures/execution results from test tools used for Agile projects.
- Validate the test documentation delivered.
- Participate in Scrum meetings including daily stand-up meetings
- Aid in measuring progress and avoiding technical debt.
- Provide a final Test Results Report as well as test results for each Sprint of an Agile Project
- Enter and update the Defects and Enhancements in the government approved Defect Management Database
- Review all Defects entered
- Report on Defects
- Support User Acceptance Testing
- Aid users to complete testing
- Analyze all issues reported by users
- Open new Defects when required
- Report back to users on the status of issues reported
- Create/Update Test Procedures
- Create Test Plans and Test Reports
- Support Stakeholder Testing
- Regularly provide status updates on testing being conducted
- Provide determination (final Test Results Report) if the delivery has met Acceptance Criteria
- Review Test Artifacts from development vendor and provide completed Document Review Comment Form (DRCF) for each document
- Attend Technical Meetings as needed
- Support IQ in monitoring testing activities and scope of effort
- Provide admin support of the test management tool.
- Provide support in research on potential test tools and related feasibility studies
- Provide Monthly Progress Reports
- Education: Minimum of five (5) years of hands-on experience providing comprehensive business and technical solutions.
- Perform functional, acceptance, and/or system testing on software deliveries.
- Convert manual test scripts to automated scripts in order to execute test scenarios, scripts, and procedures for smoke, regression, and functional tests.
- Knowledge of industry best practices for delivering and supporting both Agile and Waterfall System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) on previous contracts.
- Experience in using quality control processes to ensure that products, deliverables, and data are standardized and accurate.
- Experience working collaboratively or teaming with another contractor on a common project.
- Understanding of requirements for testing.
- Analytical, problem solving, and debugging skills.
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Ability to work with Performance Testing Tools such as Load, Stress, and Spike Testing
- Familiarity and skill working with 508 software testing tools, such as WAVE, JAWS, Web Accessibility Toolbar (WAT) for IE, Inspector Sidebar (Firefox Accessibility Extension)
- Experience performing acceptance, functional, exploratory, regression, functional, and backend database testing.
- Knowledge of defect management processes and tools.
- Ability to write test plans and test reports.
- Familiarity with testing on multiple platforms/environments, such as JMeter.
- Experience using an automated test tool (i.e., Selenium)
Since 2008 Adeptus Solutions has remained committed to providing quality software engineering and program management solutions to our clients and it all starts with YOU. Adeptus Solutions provides a great and generous benefits package to include medical, dental and vision, an HSA to cover healthcare deductibles, paid sick & vacation leave and, 100% company paid life & disability packages. We also invest in our employees' futures by providing a 401K, technical training, tuition bonuses, and much, much more.
Clearance Statement: Applicants selected for this position may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. For this position, Adeptus Solutions will consider only applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer