Junior Configuration Management Specialist
Job Title:Junior Configuration Management Specialist
Location: National Archives and Records Administration, College Park, MD / Remote
Start Date: 2 Weeks
The Junior Configuration Management Specialistwill assist a Government Contract for the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) by providing support to a testing team in automations of testing tools, improving the overall functionality of them, and overseeing the creation of scripts and procedures. Responsibilities include identifying, maintaining, tracking, controlling and managing Configuration Items (CIs) and baselines for projects in the IT Portfolio, recommending improvements when necessary and providing critical feedback based on reports generated.
This role provides support to the following functions:
- Responsible for configuration management (CM) of developmental and operational systems.
- Creates and maintains configuration baselines (development, test, production, etc.) supporting developmental and operational systems.
- Recommends automated CM tools to implement CM policies and procedures.
- Develops or modifies CM plans, policies, and procedures tailored to the complexity and scope of the developmental or operational system.
- Draft Configuration Management Plan (CMP) for new projects.
- Review and update CMP for the existing project
- Implement CM discipline for the entire life cycle of systems from initial requirements/capabilities baselines to system end-of-life.
- Perform change control and configuration audits as needed
Education & Training:
- Two to four (2-4) years of hands-on experience providing CM support for projects / systems.
- Familiarity with Microfocus PVCS Version Manager (or similar CM tool)
- Relevant hands-on experience will includeconfiguration management functions, CM auditing, and maintaining a CM Library.
- Familiarity with concepts in CMMI and ITIL frameworks.
- Experience with compliance of CM policies, processes and procedures while supporting previous contracts.
- Relevant experience may include:
- Drafting of technical guides and or plans showing the need for strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Assisting in improving CM policies, processes and procedures.
- Assisting in developing the Version Description Document (VDDs).
Since 2008 Adeptus Solutions has remained committed to providing quality software engineering and program management solutions to our clients and it all starts with YOU. Adeptus Solutions provides a great and generous benefits package to include medical, dental and vision, an HSA to cover healthcare deductibles, paid sick & vacation leave and, 100% company paid life & disability packages. We also invest in our employees' futures by providing a 401K, technical training, tuition bonuses, and much, much more.
Clearance Statement: Applicants selected for this position may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. For this position, Adeptus Solutions will consider only applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer