Job Title: Functionalist Analyst II
Location: Bethesda, Maryland
Agency: US Federal Agency
The contractor shall provide research, development and analytical support services to the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, Bethesda, Maryland.
- Manage and lead acquisition of primary and secondary data (e.g. University of Michigan, Walter Reed Army Medical Center data set files), assist with the preparation and submission of study proposals.
- Develop specialized applications to import and format the data into a usable form and maintain the inventory database.
- Build, manage and lead the updating and extension of colon health initiative databases (e.g.) and other secondary data based data files (e.g. IBS data from University of Michigan, virtual colonoscopy data from Dr. Pickhardt’s study in University of Wisconsin) developed and used by research staff in the preparation of regular department research and information publications, and other data analysis activities.
- Serve as primary staff for the constant review/updating/design of data management procedures for provation, incorporating new procedures, technology, and computer applications where needed; test and implement new data management systems that could improve and facilitate the CHI research and analytical activities.
- Serve as research technical liaison to CHI research staff to procure required Information Technology support as needed.
- Provide technical assistance and training on data management to CHI research staff as needed.
- Develop routine applications such as Barrett’s Registry and Colon Health Registry that all CHI staff can use that increases efficiency of patient care as well as data analysis.
- Lead special research projects. Activities include applying skills to build analytical data files from multiple data sources, undertake data and statistical analysis, develop and present research findings to CHI research staff.
- Enhance and maintain CHI website.
- Maintain data files in a secure server, ensuring relevant investigators are granted proper data access.
- Provide an average of 12,000 functions/actions annually, an average of 6 actions an hour.
- Bachelors Degree in a Computer associated field and a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. Relevant experience could include data management experience, thorough understanding and use of SAS data management/analysis/reporting products, and research and statistical/data analysis experience.
- Substantial experience with analysis of health data, relational database design and applications, and experience with information technology preferred.
- Advanced programming skills with various software tools and skills in system evaluation and design and relational database design and development required, as well as experience with statistical applications and software packages.
- Skills in research, statistics, report writing, and effective communication.
- Position requires a unique combination of skills in data management, system design, and information technology software, coupled with analytical skills, and experience in research, statistics, and data analysis.
- More than computer software skills are required because the nature of the work also requires an analytical understanding of the data, including the meaning of the data and data limitations.
- Position requires intermediate level skills and experience in Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and knowledge of relational database management systems such as SQL and Oracle; statistical analysis tools such as, SAS, SPSS, and/or STATA; other software tools such as Microsoft Access/Excel/Visio/Share-Point, and Visual Basic.
- Must have current Basic Life Support Automated External Defibrillator (BLS/AED) resuscitative medicine training certificate. Resuscitative medicine training provided by the Joint Medical Training Facility (MTF) or Center.
Job Status: Full Time